It is a statutory requirement under Health and Safety Legislation
Provision & Use of Work Equipment regulations (PUWER) 1998 state that: “A technically competent person should carry out inspections at intervals of not more than 12 months. A written report should be submitted to the PRRS with observations and proposals for any action necessary”
To help ensure a safer working environment
Any racking damage that has not been seen or dealt with could lead to safety issues. In worst case scenarios pallet racking damage/collapses can cause injuries or worse to any individual. Pallet Racking collapses occur every week in the UK, therefore it is important not to put a workforces safety at risk.
To see a reduction in your insurance premiums
A reduction in your insurance premiums will come from being able to present a certificate stating that the Pallet Racking is safe therefore reducing the risk of injuries to a workforce.
When do I need a Pallet Racking Inspection?
In order to ensure that you are compliant with Health and Safety Regulations you should have your racking inspected:
- Annually by a technically competent person as a minimum, you may require more regular inspections dependent upon the level of damage identified.
- Following any significant changes to your warehouse layout or warehouse system.
- Within 4 to 6 months of any new installation.
Choose CAM to manage your pallet racking inspections
- A thorough inspection of your storage system by one of our experienced inspectors.
- Notification of areas which require an emergency off-load before we leave your site.
- A full written report with any observations and necessary additional works highlighted using the traffic light risk system.
- An estimate for supply, delivery and labour on any remedial repairs.
- Advanced notification of when your next inspection is due.